Camping/Hunting Hammocks

joellirot

Holy Guacamole! That is a NICE set up. Unfortunately, I think I just added something to my 'must have' list. I've gotta try one of those out. I may be finished with tents..

joellirot

I'll check out the hammock site. But, a coupla quick questions that can probably be answered more easily here than hunting there..

1) I sleep on my side. Is the Exped Ergo the recommended go to? That looks like an AWESOME system. A bit pricey but damn that's nice.
2) What's recommended for 2 up sleeping? That could be fun too.

Cheers,

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
I tried one of those vietnam era govenment surplus hammocks back in the eights while on a fishing trip to the Kalama. After one night I still have nightmares thinking about that device. I think they were used as a torture device before they came up with waterboarding....

Ed Call

Elevated experiment has arrived. Compact for sure, even with the extra large fly and snakeskin stuff sleeves. When to try it out?

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
I tried one of those vietnam era govenment surplus hammocks back in the eights while on a fishing trip to the Kalama. After one night I still have nightmares thinking about that device. I think they were used as a torture device before they came up with waterboarding....
Lol I had one of those as well. Bet my uncle who gave it to me was laughing his ass off.

Like the look of that exped hammock. Would like to see how long it takes to set up. Looks good on the video.

Dan Nelson

Hiker, Fisher, Writer, Bum
Lol I had one of those as well. Bet my uncle who gave it to me was laughing his ass off.

Like the look of that exped hammock. Would like to see how long it takes to set up. Looks good on the video.
Jerry, The Exped is pretty fast and easy to set up. Here are Parts 1 and 2 of the Hammock set up series. (Part 3 previously posted).

Ed Call

James, how often do you need to use that to make it worth that much cash? Where you gonna find the perfectly spaced trio of trees? Aha mock and two trees is one thing, but three?

Latest posts