Weird ass Met Fish

zen leecher aka bill w

born to work, forced to fish
Met as in Methow, Metolius or Seattle Metropolitan Theatre?

If it's the Met"olius" I'd vote for a lake run rainbow that came up the river. If it's the Met"how" I'd vote for a travelling triploid. If its the Seattle Met"ropolitan Theatre" I'd vote for a trout that likes plays.

Rick Todd

It appears for have an adipose fin, so I assume it is not a hatchery fish. It looks like the big guys from Rufus Woods but how could it get in the Met? Nice big fish anyway! Rick

Cruik

What's the justification for calling this a trip? The fact that it's chunky? Also, rufus woods triploids do have adipose fins, but none of the fins generally look that good. Looks probably wild or perhaps a diploid plant from an adjacent waterway to me. I would guess that fish hasn't spent it's whole life in that river. It could have come up from Pateros. I don't think I've really seen too many pure rainbows in the Methow. There are a few rare surprises in that river, though, so I don't think it's impossible to grow a rainbow that big in there. Also, it looks like it could be male, which rules out triploid.

Definitely a trip. I've caught them in there before, and it's becoming a pretty regular occurrence to catch them. They're getting through/over Chief Joseph with regularity now. It's how so many end up in Lake Pateros and they open that section up for fishing for them.

Latest posts