S Fork Sno Hiking/Exploring

Kent Lufkin

Remember when you could remember everything?
This is prime time on the forks. What a wonderful report. I can just hear the river and smell the wind in the trees. Thanks for sharing.

K

For sure. Without wind a 0 wt is probably ideal but even 5 wts work. Longest cast I had to make today was maybe 25 ft

By the way bro. I know very well what you pack with you,and as your friend I feel obligated to advise that when you go deep like that by yourself you really need to be packing the standard emergency gear and stuff. If you fall in the river, screw up your phone and break an ankle those granola bars are not going to do much for you and you are no Macgiver. Looking out for you man.

Nice work and great report, thanks for sharing with us.

Got me thinking that maybe I need to get back exploring more and not haunting the same places, which is what I have been doing for the past few years.

I grabbed a 2wt earlier this year and have yet to break it in, my son had the pleasure but not me yet. Time is a coming me thinks.

Stew

Also, I do not know much about the area up there, but I would look into seeing if bear spray would be something good to bring along too.
While it wouldn't be a bad idea, I don't think that bear spray is an absolute necessity up there. Over the years I have run into one bear on the SF, and it was way more afraid of me than I was of it. I only bring bear spray when I am in grizzly country. However, better safe then sorry. You never know when you might all of a sudden be standing in between a mom and her cubs.

Latest posts