Dam across creek

KerryS

Ignored Member
This morning I found a hand made dam completely blocking a medium size creek that flows into the Skagit. I know this creek is used by steelhead, salmon, and cutthroat to spawn. The dam is an obvious impediment to fish passage. I took some pictures and reported it to WDFW and to the State Dept. of Ecology. Is there some other agency I should report this to?

Thx.

Scott Salzer

previously micro brew
COE is responsible and responds to a lot of water related issues, it is not just BIG dams. You asked for suggestions, sorry you didn't like mine.

KerryS

Ignored Member
COE is responsible and responds to a lot of water related issues, it is not just BIG dams. You asked for suggestions, sorry you didn't like mine.
I liked you making suggestions, I don't like COE. They have screwed up more waterways than all other entities out there combined. Nothing personal here.

Instead of seating here complaining about it. Why didn't you do something about? If you cared that much you would tear it down. I wouldn't be seating down at my computer I'd be tearing it down.

golfman44

5-Time Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year
I saw these kids doing it by the Tinkham Campground last year on the SF Snoqualmie. Granted that part of the river is impossible to dam with little stones nor does it affect any spawning salmon -- but they were still trying.

Latest posts