Rigging trout beads?

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I knew somebody would say that BS. Should have known WHO as well. LMAO. Thanks for the chuckle OMJ.
I could of kept my mouth shut, but then again it wouldn't be me. Fly fishing to me is using something to imitate a bug. An egg also a hard bead is not fly fishing. You might as well be using a centerpin reel and going with a noodle rod.

I tried bead fishing in AK. Managed to do it for about an hour 'til I took the whole setup and tossed into the garbage. Went back to swingin' flesh flies and caught just as many as the guys tossing the bead rigs.
This can depend on when you were trying this, when the salmon are just getting into the water and laying eggs they are not starting to "decay" yet - so there usually is not much flesh in the water and they are munching eggs. Later in the year when you can see them dead on the banks, you know that the flesh in throughout the river. I absolutely love swinging flesh just past log jams. Usually the big bows know that dying salmon will get caught on the logs and release tasty flesh into thier mouths. :)

I could of kept my mouth shut, but then again it wouldn't be me. Fly fishing to me is using something to imitate a bug. An egg also a hard bead is not fly fishing. You might as well be using a centerpin reel and going with a noodle rod.
If its not cane rod, silk line and gut leader with a dry fly, then you might as well be chuckin' bait from a lawn chair, son!

Peyton00

from now on..... you are a Fake fly fisherman, since you are not using real flies or real bugs as a lure. Calling yourself an imitation fly fisherman will suffice.:D

Well then, this must include many things I use. Sculpins, minnow patterns, ect. I dont believe any of these are actually considered a bug.

Hmmm. . . I have mixed feeling about this setup. It certainly smells like gear fishing, however, the creativeness of it has my attention and wheels turning. Its functionality seems convincing. Will I give it a shot? In the words of Jim Rome, “maybe. . . maybe”

Charles Sullivan

ignoring Rob Allen and Generic
There may be no member of the angling community more sensitive than a nympher. Like Kerry, I have used beads and indicator rigs etc. and would rather drink beer and plunk than do it again. Truthfully, I'd rather not fish than chuck lead with a fly rod. Honestly guys, nut up and don't get so sensitive. You really shouldn't be concerned at all whether OMJ respects you.

I'm gonna run an ace hi behind my dodgers this weekend, and I won't call it flyfishing. You can even pick on me about it. I won't cry or get all sensitive. OMJ will not respect me for it and I'll still have my self esteem intact.

Now all of you get on the google machine and google up beads and pegging. Trust me, the nymphers will love the results.

Go Sox,
cds

Latest posts