middle fork humpqualamie

E

Evan Virnoche

So i played hooky from work today since my biss was outof town.
After stopping at pacific fly fishers to pick up running line, skagit 275short and a sweet patagonia that screams tough guy but shows i care about our earth i headed out for some swinging!

After the hour drive to the humpqualamie i arrived to singler handers working the hole from the otherside. On the 6th cast the line went tight after a broad side swing and it was game fucking on! I landed abeautiful 8-10 lb buck!

After snapping a quick shitty photo and cleaning the jizz out of my pants i waljed down river toanother fishy. Looking hole. There was already another swinger doing work so i asked if i could wade in on top and he said have at it. On about the 11th cast the line went taugjt and starting screaming off the reel. This fucking steelhead was a monster! After about 2 mins of him taking off on me i couldbt reel in anymore. I looked down to see my running line coiled around my butt section and reel. As i tried to free the running line mr fishy jumped and was off. That little bit of slack was the deal breaker for me. After a couple of fux and cursing out loud i sat there for about 5 mins and pondered what had just happened. 2 fish in 20 mimutes on the swing. My heartbeat was going faster than gold.bar tweaker on crystal meth.

Thus was my first steel on the swing on a fly rod and my first native too boot. Words cannot explain the stoke level rl i have right now

Attachments

golfman44

5-Time Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year
KNice man... That's awesome. First that pontoon and now this. Only thing left is the fabled pink on a 40.

E

Evan Virnoche

Damn dude. That's fantastic. Nice work.

You get that new toon in the water yet?

J
I have not.

The guy a high holed was cool as eff and we knew alot of the same people and swapped numbwrs for a steelheadin man date

E

Evan Virnoche

Its where the humptulips and snoqualmie converge in the puget sound its a pretty wide deep pool