MA 9 8/6: A day late and a dollar short

Hell yeah Rob nice work!!!! I so want to tangle with a nookie on the fly!! I saw several this morning within range but no love. Great memory for you sir! Well done!!!!

Bill that is brutal man!

mtskibum16

Nice work Rob! I wouldn't feel bad sending a fish like that back! All these Kitsap reports (especially kings) sure aren't going to help with the already crowded beach though.

Bagman

Nice work Rob! I wouldn't feel bad sending a fish like that back! All these Kitsap reports (especially kings) sure aren't going to help with the already crowded beach though.
You couldn't be more correct. 5:00am today I was in the water standing my ground/water. Waiting for some light to come through the fog. By 6:00am I had kids and grown men casting from the bank over both shoulders. I couldn't take it any longer. Told one of the buzz bombers he could have my spot. He said that he would not give up that spot if he were me. All I could tell him was I could not take the chance of hooking someone. High point of the day was watching a 10 year old kid landing a nice Coho.

DimeBrite

MA-9 Beach Stalker
Bagman,
Sorry to hear about your experience with the crowds, that sounds awful. The pinks haven't really even arrived yet either. It's tough there at high tide.

mtskibum16

You couldn't be more correct. 5:00am today I was in the water standing my ground/water. Waiting for some light to come through the fog. By 6:00am I had kids and grown men casting from the bank over both shoulders. I couldn't take it any longer. Told one of the buzz bombers he could have my spot. He said that he would not give up that spot if he were me. All I could tell him was I could not take the chance of hooking someone. High point of the day was watching a 10 year old kid landing a nice Coho.
The key to that is a few carefully placed backcasts that buzz their head. They usually figure out the faults of their positioning and find somewhere else to fish. :p

That said, you do need to learn to be an efficient and accurate caster and be comfortable fishing close to others if you're going to fish there. I know when I first started beach fishing I got uneasy if someone was within 20 ft of my casting side. These days as long as it's not windy I'm good to go as long as I can't reach over and touch my neighbor. ha

Bagman

I don't want to put a hook in anyone but hurting a kid that is out for his first fishing experance. Man I really dont want to do that. No fish is worth hurting anyone. It's was best to just walk away and fish another day.