Enough already, Simms.

My $375 filson wading jacket (a gift, I'd never spend that kind of coin) failed after 10 or so wears. They handled it to my liking, and I continue to buy filson products, but no company is perfect.

KerryS

Ignored Member
I have never been concerned about logos on my stuff or anybody else's for that matter. Seems a waste of good time that could be spent doing something productive. Most of the time I never notice what brand of gear others are wearing. I purchase gear based on performance not brand, current trends or popularity.

IveofIone

No one has said that Simms isn't good equipment. What is being implied here is that product design and marketing have impinged upon function and utility. Good design means everything to a product but there is a fine line between good design and overdesign. Logo mania puts Simms on the threshold of crossing that line. In the case of the Headwaters boot, if they had spent the money they wasted on logos on a one inch longer tongue they would have a perfect product.

Eight logos on two boots? C'mon Simms, that is six more than are on a $400,000 Ferrari.

Ive

Logos and brand names are important!!
Case in point. I spent over 800.00 bucks an a set of fancy Michelins for a truck I had. The tire installer asked weather I wanted the back or white lettering out. I said "The white lettering, if I am going to spend that kind of cash for tires I damn well want somebody to notice".:p
jesse

Salmo_g

I used to participate in a crusade against legible clothing after reading that it was a clear sign of low class trashiness. And that the only reason to wear legible clothing is if it were free. Imagine the genius of the guy who figured out that moreons will pay $15 for a baseball cap with an advertising logo on it, when companies used to give them away for free. If you're over 30, that is.

Sg