Expensive stay

Freestone

Not to be confused with freestoneangler
Geez Jim, you should have timed this better so I could have visited you in the hospital last week! Hope those expensive pills do the trick!

If you look online, pretty much every food is on a list somewhere for causing gout. Right before mine flaired up I ate a bunch of goose jerky, which I don't normally eat. Without eating it again I can't say if it was the cause. The base of my big toe had given me some minor discomfort before and I thought it was just a normal ache or previous injury acting up.
Gout basically feels like broken glass grinding around in your joints.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
If you look online, pretty much every food is on a list somewhere for causing gout. Right before mine flaired up I ate a bunch of goose jerky, which I don't normally eat. Without eating it again I can't say if it was the cause. The base of my big toe had given me some minor discomfort before and I thought it was just a normal ache or previous injury acting up.
Gout basically feels like broken glass grinding around in your joints.
Yep, that gout. Hope you get it handled soon. But the medicine you take has many side effects. I can't eat as my stomach is always upset. If I'm not throwing up what I eat. It runs out the back with no problem. I hate this medicine. I'm not taking anymore until I talk to my Doctor. Which is next week I believe I can hold out until then. I believe that I will lose many pounds by then.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I just hope the rest of you old farts don't come up with it. It seems like it's a old man thing. I know several that have had a few bouts with it. I'm going to try and stay away from it for now on.

Salmo_g

Further evidence that gettin' old ain't for sissies. Hang in the OMJ. I understand that if you drink enough whiskey you'll feel better.

Sg

Yep, that gout. Hope you get it handled soon.
I only had one bad episode and that was six months ago. Not even a minor tingling since. But I still have the oversized Nikes I bought at that time, just in case it flairs up again.;)

I just hope the rest of you old farts don't come up with it. It seems like it's a old man thing.
I'm 35. I've met a few other guys under 40 who've had it.

Krusty

I just hope the rest of you old farts don't come up with it. It seems like it's a old man thing. I know several that have had a few bouts with it. I'm going to try and stay away from it for now on.
Thanks, Old Man...I needed something else to worry about.

Let me tell you about my run-in with shingles, or the grape sized hemorrhoid I had removed in '04 (got that one in a jar in the camper to show you in case we ever go fishin...great campfire conversation piece) .....or my gallstones, kidney stones, bladder stones, inguinal hernia, or naval fistula. I got more, if yer interested!

BaldBob

My Dr. only has me take the Colchicine during active flare ups. If I take that med every 8 hrs. starting at the first sign of a flare up, its usually over in 2-3 days. Because of some of the other meds I'm on, I'm fairly prone to gout, but 300mg/day of Allopurinol mostly keeps it at bay.

Latest posts