Blood on my waders, pinks on ice

Gregg Lundgren

Now fishing on weekdays too!
Finally, I found some pinks. I was 4/5 this morning, and into some hot fish. Three bucks and a hen that were all good size. The hen was as large as the bucks. I haven't seen that very often when they are larger fish.

OK, I can take a day off from fishing now if I want. I had been in a funk way too long, and was starting to feel anxious about putting all this time in. You need some tugs once and awhile!;)

Gregg Lundgren

Now fishing on weekdays too!
Well, I could take a picture of (8) filets, minus (2) in about an hour. Two fish had deep orange meat, the other two were a bit more pale. Makes it easier to decide which make the BBQ vs. the smoker.

I bought a 'Knives of Alaska' "Coho" filet knife. Wow! This thing makes the job easy!:)

ten80

Evan and I prototyped the pink sausage two years ago and it was OK, but not awesome. Pink salmon, garlic, spinach, feta cheese, salt, and pepper in cellulose breakfast sausage (ie pinky-size) casing. It was pretty good, but very dry! This year we will repeat the attempt but some pastured pork fat will solve the dryness issue. Will also use natural casing to make brautwurst size as larger sausages are a lot faster to fill!

Porter

Evan and I prototyped the pink sausage two years ago and it was OK, but not awesome. Pink salmon, garlic, spinach, feta cheese, salt, and pepper in cellulose breakfast sausage (ie pinky-size) casing. It was pretty good, but very dry! This year we will repeat the attempt but some pastured pork fat will solve the dryness issue. Will also use natural casing to make brautwurst size as larger sausages are a lot faster to fill!
Do they fit in a snugpie?

Finally, I found some pinks. I was 4/5 this morning, and into some hot fish. Three bucks and a hen that were all good size. The hen was as large as the bucks. I haven't seen that very often when they are larger fish.

OK, I can take a day off from fishing now if I want. I had been in a funk way too long, and was starting to feel anxious about putting all this time in. You need some tugs once and awhile!;)
Nicely done Gregg, and it was nice to meet you too a few weeks ago at Picnic.

I made pink sausage in 2011. Plan to do it again.
Interesting.....I'm sure they taste great. Do you add anything else to it?