Sons First

My son is 16 now. He started to learn to cast a spey rod sparingly when he was 12. It took him a couple of years to grow into his body, and get large enough to fish with the spey rod.

Well for the past 2 years he has been going out with me. No better fishing partner in the world for me. During that time As a Dad you want so badly for a fish to grab his fly, but it just doesn't happen that often. He had began to say he might have a better chance of catching a Unicorn.

Well in our last couple outing though he has been getting some pulls, but no fish on. Well a friend of mine did me a favor he asked me if I wanted to do a 3 day float on the Deschutes and he let me take my son. Needless to say we were all smiles

Attachments

JesseC

My son is 16 now. He started to learn to cast a spey rod sparingly when he was 12. It took him a couple of years to grow into his body, and get large enough to fish with the spey rod.

Well for the past 2 years he has been going out with me. No better fishing partner in the world for me. During that time As a Dad you want so badly for a fish to grab his fly, but it just doesn't happen that often. He had began to say he might have a better chance of catching a Unicorn.

Well in our last couple outing though he has been getting some pulls, but no fish on. Well a friend of mine did me a favor he asked me if I wanted to do a 3 day float on the Deschutes and he let me take my son. Needless to say we were all smiles

Way to go Phil! That's awesome!

thats awesome, I got two really nice pulls below shear falls this weekend. it was so clear, I was wading about mid thigh and could see my boots. surprised I even got two pulls.

Latest posts