Question about Wulff Ambush

CLO

Future WFF Mod
For those of you that fish Wulff Ambush line, do you use a floating poly leader when nymphing or dry fly skating? Can I just use the main line when doing this or should I get a floating head?

Thanks!

Old406Kid

I use tapered leaders directly to the line, have never tried the poly. I primarily use it for swinging and kind of a
nymph/let it swing thing.
They don't mend as well as other lines at any distance but are great for areas with limited back cast room.

CLO

Future WFF Mod
Do you user the Ambush on a single hander or switch? I was thinking I could use it on both and mending on the switch rod might be easier due to the rod length.

Ed Call

I see no need to overline due to the extreme weight forward short head design. Mending is tougher with the short head and almost instant taper to the shooting/running line.

Old406Kid

Do you user the Ambush on a single hander or switch? I was thinking I could use it on both and mending on the switch rod might be easier due to the rod length.
I have a 8 wt. line that I use on both a 9' 6" 8 wt. and a 10' 0" 7 wt. Both handle the line well. I replaced the screw in fighting butt with a 4'' lower grip on the 7 so I can cast one or two handed, kind of a bastardized switch but works pretty good and gives me a break on the shoulder when needed.
Red's Fly Shop has some various videos on the Ambush line that you might want to check out if you haven't already.