Just got back from Duvall

Itchy Dog

Some call me Kirk Werner
So do you say DU-vall, or DuhVALL?

I prefer the former, as in, "When driving through DU-vall make sure you got IN-surance on yer VEE-hickle."

This is the only tolerated pronunciation. Unfortunately, more and more people moving here don't get it. Right now we got us a Mayoral race between the incumbant, who has been in office and done a fine job, for two terms. His challenger is a former mayor from yore, and a DU-Vall lifer. It's a pivotal time in town and the future of its pronunciation lies precariously in the outcome.

Good morning DUVALL travlers. All of the wonderment of this fine city, or rather township, got me to thinking.

I am wondering what the OFFICIAL DUVALL fishing leader knot might be?
Does DUVALL even have an official fishing leader knot?

Aside from the maditory PERFECTION KNOT at the butt end of the leader, what would one use in between the terminus at the fly end and the origin at the butt section.

In light of the stratus of the social system in DUVALL, I am guessing that the SURGEON'S KNOT, tied in either the double or triple configuration, would be the preferred choice. However, I would not rule out the DOUBLE UNI KNOT, nor the old standby, the BLOOD KNOT.

Perhaps those that actually reside in beautiful DUVALL, either in town or in the outlying area of town, might jump in with a educated view on the subject.

As a frequent visitor to DUVALL, I have to admit that until recently I had been a big fan of the PERFECTION/BLOOD KNOT, circle. However, after recent developments, I have become the disciple of the SURGEON'S KNOT. That said, I am not a surgeon, although as a young boy, I did play doctor with several young ladies...
A surgeon's knot was never involved in the play action, however.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
AH HA! AH CONTRAIRE!

Why just this afternoon as I was passing down Main Street, young love was in bloom. A young lady was taking the picture of a young man, in front of a local establishment. Both had their faces painted with the look of adoration and surrender. It was all so romantic. DUVALL will do that to young lovers.
I think I'm gonna puke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is the weather over there? If I can ever get this hand and wrist to work correctly, maybe I can get out and wet a line. My wife announced to me this morning that "they" are expecting a big run of steelhead this year. I have no idea of who "they" might be, but I hope that they are correct. Unfortunately, they forgot to mention what rivers, what time and what flies would work best.

Perhaps a trip to Jensen's for some smoked steelhead would be more productive than a Sweet Old Buzzard like me, flaying the water with a tired and worn out 8 wt line.

Tim Cottage

Formerly tbc1415
So do you say DU-vall, or DuhVALL?

I prefer the former, as in, "When driving through DU-vall make sure you got IN-surance on yer VEE-hickle."

Definitely Do-vall.

And while you're there stop by the hardware store and buy some EE-poxy.

TC

Good morning DUVALL travlers. All of the wonderment of this fine city, or rather township, got me to thinking.

I am wondering what the OFFICIAL DUVALL fishing leader knot might be?
Does DUVALL even have an official fishing leader knot?

Aside from the maditory PERFECTION KNOT at the butt end of the leader, what would one use in between the terminus at the fly end and the origin at the butt section.

In light of the stratus of the social system in DUVALL, I am guessing that the SURGEON'S KNOT, tied in either the double or triple configuration, would be the preferred choice. However, I would not rule out the DOUBLE UNI KNOT, nor the old standby, the BLOOD KNOT.

Perhaps those that actually reside in beautiful DUVALL, either in town or in the outlying area of town, might jump in with a educated view on the subject.

As a frequent visitor to DUVALL, I have to admit that until recently I had been a big fan of the PERFECTION/BLOOD KNOT, circle. However, after recent developments, I have become the disciple of the SURGEON'S KNOT. That said, I am not a surgeon, although as a young boy, I did play doctor with several young ladies...
A surgeon's knot was never involved in the play action, however.
I don't know what they use downtown but here in Outer Duvall we prefer the Surgeon's knot. Both of the surgeons in my neighborhood specialize in large animals.

TC

Definitely Do-vall.

And while you're there stop by the hardware store and buy some EE-poxy.

TC

I don't know what they use downtown but here in Outer Duvall we prefer the Surgeon's knot. Both of the surgeons in my neighborhood specialize in large animals.

TC
Yes and I must stop at the Auto Parts store to see about a new battery for my Pickmeup.

Freestone

Not to be confused with freestoneangler
Thank you guys for bringing this Utopia that is Duvall to my attention. I was thinking of wasting my time steelheading this weekend for lack of anything to do. But now, I think I will head to beautiful Duvall instead and spend my time shopping in the little boutiques and sampling the fine dining. Can anyone recommend a B&B, preferably one with a spa and salon?

Thank you guys for bringing this Utopia that is Duvall to my attention. I was thinking of wasting my time steelheading this weekend for lack of anything to do. But now, I think I will head to beautiful Duvall instead and spend my time shopping in the little boutiques and sampling the fine dining. Can anyone recommend a B&B, preferably one with a spa and salon?
Tim's Place is the most opulent B&B around. But he may be at the Model Railroad Exhibit today. Perhaps you should contact his wife to see about a room. She does all the important stuff anyway. Tim is important only for the heavy lifting and dressing flies.

Another thought for the City Council. Perhaps they could convince the WDFW to build a steelhead hatchery on the Snoqualmie, just above town so that the residents would not have to drive all the way to Monroe to fish for them. Might be another TOURIST ATTRACTION for the town.

Latest posts