Jelly action cooling down but Green Lake action heating up!

Greg Armstrong

OldRodsHaveMoreFun
wadin' boot,
That's a pretty nice size one for a hatchery jelly. What, maybe 4 or 5 Lbs?
We need a little more of this snotty weather to bring in the big natives though - I'm thinking it's still a little early.

rotato

There has got to be a market for these purple monsters
Medical,culinary, something
Over harvest these dudes please

Greg, the skiff man won't leave his post
You can't pry him out

I am going to enjoy next summer anyway
Barkley sound anybody?

Greg Armstrong

OldRodsHaveMoreFun
There has got to be a market for these purple monsters
Medical,culinary, something
Over harvest these dudes please

Greg, the skiff man won't leave his post
You can't pry him out

I am going to enjoy next summer anyway
Barkley sound anybody?
He has good reason not to!

Every American should be required to spend at least one full season as crew. Work ethic, learning to work as a team, responsibility and camaraderie are the biggest rewards.

Enjoy your years as crew... some of my best memories (but try for the skiff!).

Well I stand corrected. I fished this morning and didn't see a single puffy jacket other than the one I left in the truck. I did see multiple jellies, but no hook ups. I think I'll go back out with fluro... I think these ones are getting leader shy.

David Loy

Senior Moment
Time to climb the ladder.
Skiffman next season... no jellies!
We used to wash the jelly-hell out of our eyes with milk. Kind of hard to snort it in/out of your nose though...
Learn to drive a skiff!
I've "climbed the ladder" stacking web on a seiner, pulling bags through the power block. I once looked up at the wrong time and with eyes wide open took a hot one full on the face. I wanted to die.

Greg Armstrong

OldRodsHaveMoreFun
David,
You never forget that sting do you?
I never got any in the eyes, but did get hit on the face a time or two while brailing fish, and on my arms a lot.
I always preferred driving the skiff, even when everyone else was in the warm, dry galley drinking hot coffee while the wind and rain pelted down around me during a set.
It may have gotten a little cold and wet, but at least I was out from underneath the power block and web while the jellies rained down!
Great memories.

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
You know, those killer jelly loogies kill 8 times as many people every year than do sharks. The statistics I read indicated 40 deaths per year, world-wide by jellyfish, and only 5 deaths by shark per year.

In over 45 years of swimming or surfing in the ocean, I have personally survived many jellyfish attacks! But I've never been attacked by a shark.

Ahhh... Jeremy, 2 lbs of hash is the equivalent of 880 grams.:eek: That would be at least a 2 or 3 years supply for any normal chronic recreational smoker (don't ask me how I know this). Are you sure that what you hacked up wasn't actually your lungs themselves?:confused:

You know, those killer jelly loogies kill 8 times as many people every year than do sharks. The statistics I read indicated 40 deaths per year, world-wide by jellyfish, and only 5 deaths by shark per year.

In over 45 years of swimming or surfing in the ocean, I have personally survived many jellyfish attacks! But I've never been attacked by a shark.

Ahhh... Jeremy, 2 lbs of hash is the equivalent of 880 grams.:eek: That would be at least a 2 or 3 years supply for any normal chronic recreational smoker (don't ask me how I know this). Are you sure that what you hacked up wasn't actually your lungs themselves?:confused:

Latest posts