Yak or RF?

Hey all,

A friend and I are headed out on Monday, and I'm not sure where to go. We don't have a boat,so if we fished the Yakima, it would be a wade trip. The other option is the Rocky Ford. I've never been there before but I've wanted to for years. I know the fishing can be tricky, but rewarding if you get it right. I'm open to anything at this point, and looking forward to your input. Thanks!

Jim Speaker

I'd fish the Yakima. Low Fall flows, really wadable. RF is kinda cool, but it's more of a "I couldn't hook up elsewhere" or "everything I know about is blown out" kinda place. That's my 2-cents, anyway.

PT

Physhicist
In my world, moving waters are always prime. But, good point. RF can be a real hoot in the dead of winter when it's colder than an Eskimo's *&^#@ and those fishing are sipping midges.

McNasty

Canyon Lurker
both year round so whatever you like. usually i wait until after october ends and my options are limited before i make a few trips out to the ford.

Could be either one! Lol. I've had 40 fish days at RF. But if I had to guess I'd figure he means on the Yak.
OMG that is BS, the odds of catching 40 fish in one day at RF are ZERO. Jim your post are always BS when you brag about you catch qty's. Who here has ever seen anyone catch even close to 40 in one day at Rocky Ford????? I realize people patronize you here about your catches but you are full of $#$#

Latest posts