What No Upper Columbia Reports Yet?

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
I've run into a few "clipped" fish where the scar was still fresh. I found out that some yokels would catch wild fish down river, clip them and let them go in hopes of catching them later on as "hatchery" fish. If it ain't down right obvious, I'll take the chance fine for accidentally releasing a "hatchery" fish over bonking a native any day.

I've run into a few "clipped" fish where the scar was still fresh. I found out that some yokels would catch wild fish down river, clip them and let them go in hopes of catching them later on as "hatchery" fish. If it ain't down right obvious, I'll take the chance fine for accidentally releasing a "hatchery" fish over bonking a native any day.
Considering I was the only boat on this stretch of river, and was the first to hit all these spots, I don't think it had any "help" like that. Though that can definitely happen (they had issues with that in SW WA in recent years). That one was from the Wenatchee opening morning. I've seen a lot of bad mis-clips there. And totally agree: I'd rather release a brat than bonk a native. I err on the side of caution when it comes to these types of fisheries.

Also, Ira: That one fell victim to the centerpin :)

CLO

Future WFF Mod
Considering I was the only boat on this stretch of river, and was the first to hit all these spots, I don't think it had any "help" like that . . .
Also, Ira: That one fell victim to the centerpin :)

Were you in that green wood boat with the center pin?

Alex MacDonald

that's His Lordship, to you.....
We were at the access at 9 miles on the Met; great day, warm, blue sky, and not a fish to be seen. Did see one gear guy with one by second bridge though.

Fished from the lower river upstream and found one player that didn't find my hook. tried dry line, sink tip, middle of the road, leeches, dries, traditional wets. Fish are difficult.

Latest posts