Advanced Indicator Rig Instructional Video

PT

Physhicist
It's nothing more than cheap entertainment watching people get riled up over how another person is fishing. Most of my fish the past couple years have come with a float and shrimp tail dangling below it cast with a levelwind. The 15 years before that is was strictly the fly. The years before that it was a corky and yarn, bobber and jig, spoon, spinner....

(I know, this fish is lying on the rocks with a hook in its chin)

Steelhead 1.jpg

Charles Sullivan

ignoring Rob Allen and Generic
It's a fair question as to whether T-14 and intruders are flyfishing. I know a few Canadians who woud say it isn't. I'll use T-14 but more likely T-8. I don't use half chicken flies or weighted flies. They are a bear to cast.

I would say for myself that T material is still fly line/tips. Weighted flies are something I don't ever really use. But if I did, I wouldn't get mad if someone told me it wasn't flyfishing. I could see that and hell, it isn't anything bad to fish gear.

Go Sox,
cds

I suppose I don't understand the need to rigidly define these things in threads that originally had nothing to do with defining them. It's a fly fishing forum. People use indicators with fly rods. If you can't come across a thread about the subject without feeling the need to proclaim "just use a gear rod" or "that's not fly fishing" then you're a retard.

David Dalan

69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E
Hey Guys,
We put together this video for our newsletter and thought I would share it with ya'll.

Stuff you need:
-30-40lb Mono (Super Stron AR or Maxima work great)
-Old Fly Line
-Thingamabobbers
-Barrel Swivel (I like the P-Line swivels)
-0X, 1X, 2X Fluorocarbon Tippet
-Split Shot or Tungsten Putty
-Your favorite steelhead flies or beads/hooks
-Steelhead River
-Hungry Fish!!!

Hope you enjoy it, learn a few things, and hook up! If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a pm.

Regards,
Jason Cotta
Fishing Manager
Orvis Bellevue, WA
I hope we didn't run you off. This is a mighty thread. You're strong with the force.

David Dalan

69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E
I suppose I don't understand the need to rigidly define these things in threads that originally had nothing to do with defining them. It's a fly fishing forum. People use indicators with fly rods. If you can't come across a thread about the subject without feeling the need to proclaim "just use a gear rod" or "that's not fly fishing" then you're a retard.
Awww if we stayed on topic this whole website would be pointless. :)

Charles Sullivan

ignoring Rob Allen and Generic
It's nothing more than cheap entertainment watching people get riled up over how another person is fishing. Most of my fish the past couple years have come with a float and shrimp tail dangling below it cast with a levelwind. The 15 years before that is was strictly the fly. The years before that it was a corky and yarn, bobber and jig, spoon, spinner....

(I know, this fish is lying on the rocks with a hook in its chin)

View attachment 34283
Snagger!

Go Sox,
cds

golfman44

5-Time Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year
It would consist of two threads. One about nymphing and one about which line to use on a particular Spey rod.

Oh, and the thread where OMJ tells us how he can fish the skinny waters of Montana from the driver seat of his pickup. So 3 threads.
Four.

Daniels rookies log will be around forever

plaegreid

Saved by the buoyancy of citrus
It would consist of two threads. One about nymphing and one about which line to use on a particular Spey rod.

Oh, and the thread where OMJ tells us how he can fish the skinny waters of Montana from the driver seat of his pickup. So 3 threads.
You forgot the bobo thread.

Latest posts