Tweeker Encounter and Stilly Report

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
Yeah saturday was a bummer, 3 rigs got hit at blue stilly park. be wary of a white honda with tinted windows (purpleish tint) full of garbage bags and clothes, trouble seems to follow this car

Yeah saturday was a bummer, 3 rigs got hit at blue stilly park. be wary of a white honda with tinted windows (purpleish tint) full of garbage bags and clothes, trouble seems to follow this car
I think it was a white civic that broke out my windows at Blue Stilly Park. Definitely not going back there now.

papafsh

Piscatorial predilection
Sad to say but there are a lot of places I will not fish anymore because of these A-holes. especially the lower sections of the rivers mentioned in the previous posts.
LB

Bummer man, sorry. Another Tacoma owner here. I'm always expecting my windows to smashed when I walk back to the truck. Forgot about the cat thieves. What I wouldn't give to catch 'em in the act. Nothing like a little vigilante justice to warm a man's heart. "Officer, I was forced to defend myself."

This was a big problem in MT for a while when I lived there. Not as much in the mountains but around town for sure. If it happened to me I'd be getting a straight pipe welded in instead. Sucks that you have to deal with this kind of crap while trying to "get away". I agree that parking over a puddle would be a good idea. Also, a stout skid plate that covered the cat area would likely be enough to keep them away.

JayB

For what it's worth - there was a report of a simultaneous break in of up to ~8 cars in the parking lot for the climbing area out at Index on 10/26. Usual modus operandi seems to be to wait for a train to pass, punch out as many windows as possible, then grab and go.

Sucks.

Love the area, hate the concentration of low-life thieves out there.