Ice capades

Paul Huffman

Driven by irrational exuberance.
Last Friday I was standing a few feet out on an ice shelf trying to reach open water on a sweet run that was 30 feet out in front of me, and I discovered it's real tough to get a water anchor on an ice sheet. Like you can't roller skate in a buffalo herd.

E

Evan Virnoche

Last Friday I was standing a few feet out on an ice shelf trying to reach open water on a sweet run that was 30 feet out in front of me, and I discovered it's real tough to get a water anchor on an ice sheet. Like you can't roller skate in a buffalo herd.
interesting find, t17 wouldnt even anchor? ill have to keep this in mind next time.

Perhaps you could run a bucket full of water for your anchor point and just snap t into

Paul Huffman

Driven by irrational exuberance.
I thought I was hitting a warming period, but all morning there was too much floating ice to swing. It was so disappointing to manage a nice cast but have the fly land on an iceberg. Even T-17 couldn't always snake down through the floating slush to make a swing. All I could do is tie on a jig and indicator, and plunk the jig down through a hole.

In the afternoon, the floating ice cleared up but walking on the ice shelves were more tenuous. I wished I had a rope to tie myself off to shore.

I wonder if I could have combined ice skates and two hand casting into a new sport.

cmann886

Not only can't you roller skate in a buffalo herd, you can't swim in a baseball pool nor take a shower in a parakeet cage.---It gets tough to "ice fish" without an auger.

Latest posts