I have a dirty confession to make...

Been thinking about what it would be like to fish (with a fly rod) a black Gulp worm rigged like so to imitate a piling worm! :D I can't stop thinking about it... maybe I should just try it so I can get it over with! :eek:

Last summer at my local fishing hotspot I was having no luck with everything in my box and there were fish showing all the time. While fishing for a fly that might work I came across a pink plastic worm, so in desperation I rigged it up about the same as yours. Two cast and two fish! I'm a believer.

wadin' boot

Donny, you're out of your element...
What stonefish said, plus if you are after Searuns, you need to mash barbs so the gummy may slide around a little more...

zen leecher aka bill w

born to work, forced to fish
Over the past 30 years I've had lots of fun with bass gear in saltwater. Been broke off by good sized fish a few times also. The rig looked almost like what you have in your picture.

I am the most gentle Cutthroat fisherman I know. I don't even bring them to hand, I just ldr them. ;) No, really though, I smash all the barbs all the time and hardly handle the fish, unless I must. They generally stay in the water while I pull the hook. I'm very serious about least amount of stress possible.

Oh and just to put every ones mind at ease I probably won't fish what was in the pic (which is just a pic I lifted from the internet), but I will try to replicate what Stonefish posted! :)

What stonefish said, plus if you are after Searuns, you need to mash barbs so the gummy may slide around a little more...

David Dalan

69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E
Last summer at my local fishing hotspot I was having no luck with everything in my box and there were fish showing all the time. While fishing for a fly that might work I came across a pink plastic worm, so in desperation I rigged it up about the same as yours. Two cast and two fish! I'm a believer.

Put a 4" bubblegum pink worm on an indicator rig, and (in addition to catching many fishes) the conversion to the dark side will be complete. They swing well too. No kidding.

And no, you won't be fly fishing.

I have braided the yarn that the gear guys use with their corkies to great success. You can rig them weedless like you would with a plastic worm for bass. Some I tie with hackle and others with cone heads to get a little depth. These also do good under an indicator as well.