What are your "realistic" fishing goals for 2014?

SilverFly

>Get off my ass and actually fish for winter steelhead again.
>Catch at least one of the following on a trip to Baja this May: Roosterfish, dorado, sailfish, or striped marlin.
>Hit the shad run below Bonneville at the peak for a change.
>Catch more summer steelhead than last year.
>Take my 22 yo son on a camping/fishing trip this summer. Not sure if we'll do trout, steelhead or ?...
>Get out for fly rod albacore more than once or twice.
>Make a concerted effort to intercept the late coho run.

ScottP

A friend is coming to visit us in MT this summer; think we'll give this spot a try

I also want to meet up with these guys and gals again

Regards,
Scott

Get my son into some (it will be his first) Trout on the fly on some rivers using his own foam patterns - hoppers, beetles, and ants and a few sub surface patterns such as buggers and bucktail streamers. :)

He just got a Redington Minnow set-up for Christmas and I also got him some fly tying stuff. It will be fun! :)

I second homeslices choice then add, sell many rods and reels in the Spring before crawling around little high mountain streams as much as possible in the Summer.

To catch at least one steelhead on a swung fly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I second homeslices choice then add, sell many rods and reels in the Spring before crawling around little high mountain streams as much as possible in the Summer.
WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!

I didn't mean to create any addicts on here with my question!

You all realize, don't you, that catching a steelie on the swing it's game over. You might as well throw away your trout rods!

Do your wife, kids, friends, jobs, etc a favor.... and don't even start!!! :D:p:D

golfman44

5-Time Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year
WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!

I didn't mean to create any addicts on here with my question!

You all realize, don't you, that catching a steelie on the swing it's game over. You might as well throw away your trout rods!

Do your wife, kids, friends, jobs, etc a favor.... and don't even start!!! :D:p:D
Don't get me wrong catching steelhead on the swing is amazing, but so is catching trout on a 2 wt or srcs hitting a Popper. I enjoy it all

Latest posts