Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Completely addicted and hopelessly ruined. Newbie

1K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  ray@montanariverlodge 
#1 ·
Many of you may know my younger brother Dylan Rose from his days as a guide or at The Avid Angler. My addiction lies squarely on his shoulders.

After receiving a 4wt as a present from my brother, my first fish caught on the fly was at Issac's Ranch where I was blindsided by the sheer size and numbers of the bows. Glassy eyed and reeling from the experience, the seed had been planted. For the next couple of years the small creeks and rivers near my home in Snoqualmie is where I got my fix. In the last year this sickness has exploded into early mornings on puget sound where I caught my first Coho off the beach, to yesterday landing my first ever steelhead. Done as a hard core addict would like, with a two hander on the swing. The sight of steel has changed me and I will forever be thankful to my bro for the intro to this sport. As afflictions go, I think I can live with this one. I have lurked on this board for a while but am resolved to post more. Hope to see you on the water.

Justin

#9 ·
I guess that I'm one of the few that have kicked the Steelhead fad. I gave up all my fishing in Washington to fish Montana. I've caught Grayling, Browns, EB, RB, and Cutthroat. Also a few big Whitefish. I could say that my fishing is complete but I won't. I always will have the itch that I can't scratch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.