Kirkland Signature Single Malts

Trapper

Author, Writer, Photographer
CostCo stores here in Montana can sell beer and wine but no hard liquor. I've tried some of the Kirkland brand wines and I find them to be a very good buy.

I'm curious about their single malt whiskey. Are they Islay or Highlands peaty (ie Laphroaig), or Speyside smooth and sweet (ie Glenmorangie)?

Trapper

Salmo_g

The label on Kirkland Scotch says it's made by McCallam, which is a smooth Speyside. I've been tempted, but haven't bought any yet. I buy Kirkland brand wines, and they are easily as good as labels selling for twice as much.

Sg

FT

I bought a bottle of the Kirkland brand 18 yr single malt. It is a very, very good speyside scotch. It is going to take a while for me to drink it though because I much prefer the heavy peat Islay's, quality 12 yr old Bourbon, or a quality 7 yr or older high rye content (as in 90% or more rye) Rye Whiskey.

Anyone mind posting some prices so I don't have to run to costco to find out? Or PM me?

Just starting to look into single malts. Haven't explored past blends yet, except Bookers...

steelydan

Newb seeking wisdom
I just bought the 15yr Macallan/Kirkland and did a SXS to standard 12yr Macallan.
I wish the news was better....
The Kirkland does not measure up in color or flavor.
The real deal is richer, more flavorful and has that single-malt bite and complexity.
The Kirkland does not.
Kirkland is a decent bottle of scotch, but if you do a blind taste, it doesn't hold up.

Latest posts