3/7/1935

Old Man

Just an Old Man
You know some of those retirees might have kept on working just to have insurance and finally retired when they couldn't do the job any longer.

Happy Birthday OMJ and many more.
\
If you retired at Boeing and you were hourly, your insurance quit at age 65. If you were salary, it march's on. At least it was that way when I retired. I retired at 64. I couldn't take the bull shit anymore. And there was a lot of it being slinged around. They wanted you to take schooling for just about everything you did. I got kicked out of the last class I had for pointing things out to the teacher that were wrong. So much for dumb teachers.

On this day in history is my crowning glory. It was the day I was born. I'm 79 today. If I had known that I was going to live this long I would of taken better care of myself. My legs are shot along with my back. My teeth are plastic and I'm fat, I also wear glasses and my hands shake when I'm trying to tie a fly or two on.

But the good side of this is that I'm only 21 years away from 100. Living 3/4 of a century you would think I've seen a lot. Well I have, I missed out on Korea and was 4F for Viet Nam. To young for WWII and not yet born for WWI.

I can remember when fishing was good in Washington and then when it all went to hell. So to hell with it all. As soon as I get off this computer I'm going up to fish the Beaverhead. If I catch something that is good and if I don't that is good also. That is why it's call fishing and not catching.

You all have a nice day now. Bye, bye.
Happy birthday! :)

A couple of days behind the 'power curve' here, but hope you had a good one. And never forget that "Age and treachery will always overcome youth and vigor.''

Dipnet

The wanted posters say Tim Hartman
"In the year 5555
Your arms hangin' limp at your sides
Your legs got nothin' to do
Some machine's doin' that for you"

Fixed it for ya! ;)

For those that are too young to have ever heard it:

Old Man

Just an Old Man
"In the year 5555
Your arms hangin' limp at your sides
Your legs got nothin' to do
Some machine's doin' that for you"

Fixed it for ya! ;)

For those that are too young to have ever heard it:
Thank you. When you get in advanced age like I am you forget a lot of things.

Too bad these aren't the words in that song.