New Fly Fishing Fad!!!

Rob Allen

I have never been a trend setter, in fact i have always found trends to be quite disgusting. In particular I find disgusting the intentional revelry in base living.. first it was cheap beer HA yeah it's soooooo much cheaper than good beer :rolleyes: , then it was the trucker cap.... I am wearing it cause it's dorky that makes it cool yeah right.....:rolleyes:

But now following that same line of thinking I present to you the fly fishing fad of 2014.. No longer do you need names like patagonia... or simms of cloud veil forget 500 dollar wading jackets..

without further adieu I give you.......

THE YELLOW RAIN SLICKER!!!!!

Kyle Smith

DBA BozoKlown406
I've been wearing cutoff "jorts" wet wading in the summer the last couple of years. Turns shitty old jeans into a free pair of shorts, and it makes me feel like I'm 10 again. My adaptation of low-brow hipster style to fly fishing. Mountain hikes still involve the quick-dry nylon shorts, no need for permanent chafe damage.

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
I have never been a trend setter, in fact i have always found trends to be quite disgusting. In particular I find disgusting the intentional revelry in base living.. first it was cheap beer HA yeah it's soooooo much cheaper than good beer :rolleyes: , then it was the trucker cap.... I am wearing it cause it's dorky that makes it cool yeah right.....:rolleyes:

But now following that same line of thinking I present to you the fly fishing fad of 2014.. No longer do you need names like patagonia... or simms of cloud veil forget 500 dollar wading jackets..

without further adieu I give you.......

THE YELLOW RAIN SLICKER!!!!!

They are also popular with school crossing guards

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I had a bright blue one just like that. Wore it all over the place. It kept me dry just as long as I wore a sweat shirt under it. If I didn't it would be like it was raining under it. You could work up a sweat under it.

I've been wearing cutoff "jorts" wet wading in the summer the last couple of years. Turns shitty old jeans into a free pair of shorts, and it makes me feel like I'm 10 again. My adaptation of low-brow hipster style to fly fishing. Mountain hikes still involve the quick-dry nylon shorts, no need for permanent chafe damage.
Only if you cut them so short that the pockets show.

David Loy

Senior Moment
Laugh all you want about the Sou'wester. I learned to love them (Purse Seining) and still keep one handy, 40 years later.
We'd usually reverse the hat AND wear the hood, especially when the jellies were flying.