Yak Today

teedub

I stopped by the East Cle Elum launch this morning. It is clearing nicely above the Teanaway. The vis was better than three feet. My guess is it is more like five feet and improving. Here is a shot from the ramp.

The Teanaway is running high, hot and very dirty so I don't have to drive to below it or the Swauk to know it is dirty below. It was 55 - 57 yesterday and looks like close to that today. So more of the same but the water above is definitely fishable.

I forgot my thermometer so no data on the temp.

teedub

Looking out from the launch ramp - probably not in the same spot as when you lived here. They moved the ramp to face west and in the little channel when the third boat flipped trying to make the old ramp in the fast summer water.

Derek Young

Emerging Rivers Guide Services
Old Man, that access area has been that way for the last 5+ years. The improvements made over the winter to grade and gravel the ramp are much appreciated. 1400 cfs and 38 degrees with rain coming hard this weekend.

teedub

DSCN0042.JPG
I just got back and noted my obvious (to others - not so much to me) screw up! I watched the image load to 100% when I composed the original message and posted - thought not much more of it. I saw OMJ's reply and thought he meant where did I take the shot, never thinking he meant where was the picture?

So I apologize and will try it again.

Yakima River update from Saturday, 3-15-2014. Water was up 20% from Friday, but found decent visibility above the Teanaway. We floated from South Cle Elum to East Cle Elum and thought the water visibility was 4 feet. We found places to get out of the boat and wade fish even with the high water. No fish for our boat and of four boats at the take-out only one white fish was mentioned.
Yakima River 1st Salmonfly Trip_0003.jpg

Rick Todd

It's the old story of "you should have been here yesterday". My friend and I went with Whitey out of Troutwater floating on Friday. Started a little up the Cle Elum River and floated to East Cle Elum. While the fishing is a little slow, we each brought 2 to the net including my personal biggest rainbow from the Yak. Guide estimate 21-22". We each caught a bow and a cut. Smallest was 15". Several other fish on, but LDRed. Water pretty clear on Friday but it rained a lot during the day! Rick

flybill

Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!
It's the old story of "you should have been here yesterday". My friend and I went with Whitey out of Troutwater floating on Friday. Started a little up the Cle Elum River and floated to East Cle Elum. While the fishing is a little slow, we each brought 2 to the net including my personal biggest rainbow from the Yak. Guide estimate 21-22". We each caught a bow and a cut. Smallest was 15". Several other fish on, but LDRed. Water pretty clear on Friday but it rained a lot during the day! Rick
Whitey rocks! When are we going back out Whitey? Want to float the upper stretch again..

golfman44

5-Time Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year
I fished it sat and Sunday. No fish. I suck.

Fireball saved the day. Ended up on the south fork snoqualmie with a 2 hander swinging streamers in the snow....interesting day