Beautiful day, a great fish, life is ok at times, a trip report..

Thanks all, been nice week. Calvin says "thanks" as well.

One note for all parents taking their little ones fishing, please make certain they have sunglasses or appropriate eyewear when fly fishing, I'm uber anal about that. Would simply be too easy to not think about and get a hook in an eye; I also only fish barbless with my kids, for the same reasons, $.02...

But thanks again for all of the kind words and goodwill, so many of you have stopped in yesterday and today and commented on this thread, which only reenforces the point that I've made the right choice in my life, and in buying into the fly shop.

Thanks again!

Dan

Thanks all, been nice week. Calvin says "thanks" as well.

One note for all parents taking their little ones fishing, please make certain they have sunglasses or appropriate eyewear when fly fishing, I'm uber anal about that. Would simply be too easy to not think about and get a hook in an eye; I also only fish barbless with my kids, for the same reasons, $.02...

But thanks again for all of the kind words and goodwill, so many of you have stopped in yesterday and today and commented on this thread, which only reenforces the point that I've made the right choice in my life, and in buying into the fly shop.

Thanks again!

Dan

Good advice Dan! Last year my little girl stepped into my backcast (of course I dropped it really low) and got one in the shoulder. It was farm pond bass fishing and we were fishing for dinner so the hook was barbed. :(

Very cool Dan! I can't wait to pass on my love for fly fishing like you have. Good on you sir! I've lost numerous golf balls in those ponds and every time I go to look for them, I wish that I had brought my fly rod...

Latest posts