NFR British Sniper

Salmo_g

No. Jerry, I've never shot a gun with a scope on it, only iron sights. Before switching to archery, my deer rifle was a Winchester 30-30. Pretty old fashioned.

Sg

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
Btw it's a misconception that anyone can grab a high powered rifle with a scope and make long to very long range shots. It's amazing the science that goes into a shot over 600 meters. Even close shots with a scope, the shooter makes all the difference, not always the rifle.

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
IIRC the AW338 is spittin' out .338 Lapua magnum 300 grainers...
I know SOC is using a mix of .308, .300 win mag, and .338 Lapua. Just depends on who you are in SOC. Just know that the .308 would be a caliber most guys will have had their hands on that a sniper would use. :)

Bob Rankin

Chasing fur and fish every second I get :)
Btw it's a misconception that anyone can grab a high powered rifle with a scope and make long to very long range shots. It's amazing the science that goes into a shot over 600 meters. Even close shots with a scope, the shooter makes all the difference, not always the rifle.

I couldn't agree more. A lot of things come in to factor when shooting long range. But it is a ton of fun learning how to do it. I'm fairly consistent out to 800 yards. I will be looking to build something bigger in the near future for longer distances:)

Alex MacDonald

that's His Lordship, to you.....
the weapon's made by Accuracy International, and as distance goes, the shot was-according to them-850m. Not all that long a shot for a competent sniper, and as Jerry says, certainly within the range of my Remington 700CDL SF in .300WSM. 180gr Hornaday SST boattail match. Great round!

Latest posts