scientific anglers system 2 12/13

bconrad

No I didnt. It was just too beat up and a beat marguis is not worth over 200. I am just going to pick up one of the new ones.

As long as the guts are good it doesn't matter how beat up it is...I've been around and around with clicker fly reels and Hardy just makes stuff that works. As long as the check is tight you are good to go for many years.

Just think of all the mojo that reel must have on it!

As long as the guts are good it doesn't matter how beat up it is...I've been around and around with clicker fly reels and Hardy just makes stuff that works. As long as the check is tight you are good to go for many years.

Just think of all the mojo that reel must have on it!
My old man always said. Something is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. In my opinion. A beat up Marquis is not worth shit to me, and I do not want someone elses mojo. I want to develop my own.
When I look at all this fly fishing gear and the prices these companies charge I wonder when they lost there fucken minds. I feel the same way when people are inflating the shit out of used gear that looks like a fucken truck ran over it.
But yeah your definitely right about that thing being a tank.

1morecast

I just got one of these really cheap brand new. However I can not find any information about who made these reels for S/A's. Seems like good reviews on it but does anyone know the manufacturers details on this reel?
I bought my 12/13 reel and spool for $30.00 at a garage sale a couple of years ago. I did not try to negotiate a lower price, Hopefully the cat is not out of the bag.....

Great reel indeed. However, I held a new Marquis Salmon #2 today and could not walk out the door without it. I guess I will just return the System 2 to Amazon. Unless any of you guys want it. .

Great reel indeed. However, I held a new Marquis Salmon #2 today and could not walk out the door without it. I guess I will just return the System 2 to Amazon. Unless any of you guys want it. .
Fancy boy got himself a Hardy. Mark my words within 18 months it'll be tweed sport coats, quoting Sir Isaac Walton and sitting cross legged like a chick.
keep it, next impulse buy might be a rod it fits perfectly
He won't buy a twelve weight. He's ain't bout' dat salt-life, yo.

Latest posts