Other Whidbey Island Lakes

Theron

There is a lot of talk on this forum about Lone and Pass Lakes and I can't wait to give them a try when I arrive in early May. I can't believe we leave here Friday for our move to the Island.
I know there are several other lakes on the Island and also in Skagit County. My grandson is visiting in late May or early June and I am sure he wants to eat some of the fish he catches. Are the other lakes worth visiting so he can fill his tummy with stocked trout? I know the other lakes are more of a gear fishers area but that will work because he can use my spin cast equipment. I may try and give him a shot at the fly rod but he is only 10 and my fly casting is not all that great.

Theron

Let me know when you get here and I'll give you more details. Both Deer and Goss are open now and usually produce very well. They are put & take lakes so you can keep your catch.
The movers load us up here May 1 and we unload on May 6. I figure one day to unpack and I will be ready for fishing. I am sure the wife will have other ideas. :) I have my float tube and fly rods separated from the other "stuff" so they will be last on and first off the truck. I will just need to pick up a fishing license and I will be ready to go. I hope I will get the change to fish with some of the people on this forum. I will need to check out the beach in front of our house. I think it will only be good for clamming and crabbing. We also might spot some whales in the Saratoga Passage.

Elephant fly

...tastes like chicken....
Theron-

Congrats on your move. I live in Seattle, but have a beachfront cabin at West Beach on Whidbey. I fish Lone and Pass lakes, as well as saltwater at West Beach. Please feel free to pm me when you get settled in.

Theron

Theron-

Congrats on your move. I live in Seattle, but have a beachfront cabin at West Beach on Whidbey. I fish Lone and Pass lakes, as well as saltwater at West Beach. Please feel free to pm me when you get settled in.
Thanks. We are in Boise, Idaho tonight. Will make it to Issaquah tomorrow and then the island on Monday