Surprised Myself:)

Teenage Entomologist

Gotta love the pteronarcys.
I've been tying to sell flies in a local store and I've gotten pretty good at tie flyin'. I had some materials laying around and decided "I should try to tie a Classic Atlantic Salmon Fly". So I did and I surprised myself. It's not a complicated pattern, but it looks nice, and it's my own. Not quite the right hook though;). Since I'm 15, I normally stick with generic to realistic trout patterns, but I took a leap of faith and it's pointing me in a different direction, but by no means at all will I stop tying trout flies. I hope you like it! image.jpg

GAT

Dumbfounded
Geezus, Kaden, you're only 15? I didn't start tying until I was in my 20s. At this rate, you'll be a ACE tier by the time you're in your 20s.

Heck with tying for display... I'd fish that sucker! :)

If you do plan to get into the Atlantic Salmon style patterns for the "art of it", you will need to use the traditional salmon/steelhead hooks. ...that's part of the deal.

As I recall, Jim Teeny was 15 or so when he came up with the Teeny Nymph... so who knows what your future may hold? Entomologist? Guide? Famous fly tier? Outdoor writer and/or photographer? All of the above?

You must be the youngest frequent regular contributor to this site. Good for you! I know another fly angler who started in his teens and he is now a guide for fishing trips to Mongolia ... one of the few. ...assuming he can still get into Russia.

Teenage Entomologist

Gotta love the pteronarcys.
Geezus, Kaden, you're only 15? I didn't start tying until I was in my 20s. At this rate, you'll be a ACE tier by the time you're in your 20s.

Heck with tying for display... I'd fish that sucker! :)

If you do plan to get into the Atlantic Salmon style patterns for the "art of it", you will need to use the traditional salmon/steelhead hooks. ...that's part of the deal.

As I recall, Jim Teeny was 15 or so when he came up with the Teeny Nymph... so who knows what your future may hold? Entomologist? Guide? Famous fly tier? Outdoor writer and/or photographer? All of the above?

You must be the youngest frequent regular contributor to this site. Good for you! I know another fly angler who started in his teens and he is now a guide for fishing trips to Mongolia ... one of the few. ...assuming he can still get into Russia.
Thank you guys so much with your input! I plan on buying some traditional Steelhead/ Salmon Hooks and a few materials pretty soon. Well, off to another fishing adventure, or maybe tie a few Fox Poopahs. I love hiking, mountain biking, exploring, and frequently I like to go and fish in the middle of nowhere. And Mongolia, I've always wanted to go and fish for those aggressive Taimen in the heart of the wilderness.