BreAking news

Cruik

I hate to sow seeds of doubt, but I've caught some resident bows on S-rivers that look remarkably similar to that, if a little smaller. Could be a small post-spawn 1-salt winter run buck, though that's sounds about as rare as they come... Noticeable snout, blotchy cheeks, muted stripe, darker belly, and darker fins have me thinking it's not a summer run. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer. It's just that the fish is an interesting one for this time of year. Steelhead or not, that fish is a beautiful rarity.

Was gonna post the same thing. At most, it's one of those "half salts" that go to the estuary then back up. But yeah, full on Pacific dwelling steelhead, not likely.

E

Evan Virnoche

awww shit son, i called it a half pounder.

Cruik one of the guides was saying the other day they have caught a couple of these so called "half pounders" or 1 salt fish

awww shit son, i called it a half pounder.

Cruik one of the guides was saying the other day they have caught a couple of these so called "half pounders" or 1 salt fish
Yeah, the Sky has a surprising number of them. That's likely what it is. "Half salt" or "half pounder." Same thing. So, it's kind of sort of but not really his first steelhead.