Click Pawl reels?

Lurk the 'bay for a legit English made Hardy Marquis. Right now I run a Korean made Marquis Salmon 3 I bought new for I think $325. I've had no issues whatsoever. A little tiny bit of spool wobble but nothing bad at all.

I'll throw in another opinion for Young. Relatively inexpensive and will last forever. I actually like them so much that I sold a couple of Hardys I had and now have Young (I think they sound better and have better springs)

Chris, I don't have any experience with farlows myself. I nave read however that after 1940 many were made for them by youngs. After about 1958 sharpes of aberdeen made reels for farlow also. Thats all I know about them.

Dan Page

Any of the Farlow Serpents, Python's, etc. are all good solid reels but have been increasing in price of late. They are not palmable spools, but that's not a big deal and actually makes them less damageable. If possible check to make sure springs still have some strength to them.

SpeySpaz

still an authority on nothing
And if you go for more modern reels, there's the Tibor and Abel and Lamson speys, and Speyco makes a reasonably priced and very inventive line of reels, pretty tough too.

Latest posts