somebody got a new puppy!

dogsnfish

Lab puppies are sooo damn cute.
A such little trouble makers! My latest (see avatar) is 3 and she is still stealing my spouse's socks, then retrieving them for her later in the evening. Congrats Alex! Nothing like a lab pup to liven things up and provide a good laugh every day.

Freestone

Not to be confused with freestoneangler
Cute pup, Scott! He looks like he's going to be a great dog! My two are both black and white but I love the tri-colored setters. What kennel did you get him from?

My female is a hunting fool and hunts everything, from birds to mice in the yard and moles in the pasture. This spring, she finally discovered what we've been doing in the drift boat these many years when she saw the huge Lahontans swimming all around the boat at Omak Lake. She dove in after one - and she doesn't like the water. Then, she spent the whole day running from one side of the boat to the other looking for them. After a long day of fishing, while we were loading the boat up, she waded out into the lake trying to hunt fish. Now, she spends the whole day in the boat peering in the water hunting fish, even on the river.

IMG_0085a.jpg

Alex MacDonald

that's His Lordship, to you.....
Sue, do you know the trick to get `em back in the boat? We used this when our Goldens would go on retrieve for a duck out in bigger water when away from the blind. For those who don't know, A hand held firmly on the back of the dog's neck will enable him to winch himself up into the boat. I've never tried this with a higher-sided drift boat, but our duck boat was pretty low in the water. Someone who's done it in a drift boat, can you comment? I'd like to take ours out!

scottr

Cute pup, Scott! He looks like he's going to be a great dog! My two are both black and white but I love the tri-colored setters. What kennel did you get him from?

My female is a hunting fool and hunts everything, from birds to mice in the yard and moles in the pasture. This spring, she finally discovered what we've been doing in the drift boat these many years when she saw the huge Lahontans swimming all around the boat at Omak Lake. She dove in after one - and she doesn't like the water. Then, she spent the whole day running from one side of the boat to the other looking for them. After a long day of fishing, while we were loading the boat up, she waded out into the lake trying to hunt fish. Now, she spends the whole day in the boat peering in the water hunting fish, even on the river.

Thanks Freestone! He is a great dog and my kids adore him. I got him from a hunting buddy (formerly Seattle Setters) who's two dogs had pups. He is a mix of Tekoa Mountain and Crockett Ranch lines.

Latest posts