somebody got a new puppy!

Sue, do you know the trick to get `em back in the boat? We used this when our Goldens would go on retrieve for a duck out in bigger water when away from the blind. For those who don't know, A hand held firmly on the back of the dog's neck will enable him to winch himself up into the boat. I've never tried this with a higher-sided drift boat, but our duck boat was pretty low in the water. Someone who's done it in a drift boat, can you comment? I'd like to take ours out!
Alex, my dog wears a shoulder harness or the Avery neoprene vest with grab handles. It makes it easier getting him back in the boat. I have thought about gluing down some carpet to the sides for grip, but haven't gotten around to it.

Alex MacDonald

that's His Lordship, to you.....
Alex, my dog wears a shoulder harness or the Avery neoprene vest with grab handles. It makes it easier getting him back in the boat. I have thought about gluing down some carpet to the sides for grip, but haven't gotten around to it.
Brett, you should have seen the rig I cobbed up to get our Golden back into our Catalina: quick release main sheet shackle on the aft end of the boom, worked from the mainsheet blocks so I could unclip from the traveler, run out some line, and clip it into her SOLAS life vest's lifting handle, and with two fingers, hoist her into the cockpit. Pity the duck boat didn't have a mast:D