Double K (Knudsen) Reverse Spider & Tsumani Warning

A buddy sent me this link last year, with some very interesting options for reverse spiders - we had planned to search for cutthroat, but never made time to get out there. This year we're going to follow through.

http://globalflyfisher.com/patterns/double-k-reverse-spider/

Do any of you photos of Double K Reverse Spiders or Tsunami Warning flies, or variants on these, that you could share?

I'm hoping to tie a few of these later this week, and will post photos of what I come up with.

Pat Lat

Mad Flyentist
I also heard the originator of that fly ties a double intruder. FOUR tufts of fox fur on that one, FOUR! :) I, on the other hand am trying to perfect the double headed rattlesnake pattern.
On a serious note, I have been wanting to tie a larger, reverse spider for steelhead using rhea, maybe call it the hydra. Those flies will be a bitch to store though.

kelvin

I also heard the originator of that fly ties a double intruder. FOUR tufts of fox fur on that one, FOUR! :) I, on the other hand am trying to perfect the double headed rattlesnake pattern.
On a serious note, I have been wanting to tie a larger, reverse spider for steelhead using rhea, maybe call it the hydra. Those flies will be a bitch to store though.

I do tie an Intruder Version

Dk intrude.JPG Double K Intruder.JPG

Preston

I've found Mike Kinney's original Reverse Spider to be an excellent fly for steelhead and salmon as well as cutthroat, in saltwater and fresh (correction, I have yet to catch a steelhead on one in the salt). Over the last couple of years, I have, in the rivers, favored using a pale (actually sun-bleached by leaving it laid out on my dashboard for a few days) pink chenille body and wood duck hackle which, to my mind at least, bears a fair resemblance to the October Caddis pupa.

IMG_0721.JPG

Latest posts