Uniqua and St. Aidan

Oh come on Ron, you deserve a vintage Hardy to hang on your bamboo...remember, the difference between men and boys is the price of our toys! :)
Alright! I found a super cool Daiwa 740 which I hear is a knock off of the hardy St Aiden. It looks wonderful and is so very smooth with its dual pawls. It balances my 9050 well too. And the best part was the $29 price on the auction site. My price range!

Cool! I have the 710 (LRH clone) Sounds like you got a good deal. I also have several Heddons and Berkley Hardy clones....but, they stay home and the real Mcoys get to go fishing! Perfects and St George's in 3 3/8" are my favorite size to balance my bamboo. Get your "new" reel on the water Ron, nothing sounds sweeter than a big fish running on a click pawl reel!

Preston

One last try; does anyone know of someone willing and able to repaint a Hardy reel? Here's a picture of my St. Aidan which, when I bought it, had someone's initials crudely scratched into the back. I sanded it down and tried to match the color (not very well). Although it is seviceable and, if I can't get the job done, I fully intend to continue using it, I'd kinda like to rerurn it to a pristine appearance.
IMG_1150.JPG

One last try; does anyone know of someone willing and able to repaint a Hardy reel? Here's a picture of my St. Aidan which, when I bought it, had someone's initials crudely scratched into the back. I sanded it down and tried to match the color (not very well). Although it is seviceable and, if I can't get the job done, I fully intend to continue using it, I'd kinda like to rerurn it to a pristine appearance. View attachment 46220
Preston,

I'd check with Bill Archuleta in Grants Pass. He works with Hardy's all the time & does a great job.

http://www.archuletasreelworks.com/reel-service

Tom

Preston

As I said in my initial post, Bill no longer does re-paint work; its just too messy. He was, of course my first choice but he couldn't even suggest someone who would take on such a job.