Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
I used one of those for many years back home & when I first moved out here. Very stable, but a tad heavy although buddies & I put it in some out-of-the-way places - the quick-release dolly wheels are a nice touch. I even used it to run-out Sturgeon lines from the bank on the Columbia above Vernita; I had to run upstream along the shoreline & then angle-out to drop the lines due to current, but it was a very safe and versatile boat.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Great little boat, and he did a nice job on the camo its layered with stencils. Like Ira said its definately more fun to fish out of than a tube or pontoon. I was impressed with the stability, Scudley is 6'2" 240lbs and I'm 5'11" 200lbs. and we can fish safely in it with an elec. mtr. battery and all our gear. The thing scoots with a 6-7.5 motor and he has used it often near shore Searun fishing in Puget Sound. Sweet little rig for Chironomid fishing also, rows easily with one. Practical classic old school all around pnw small boat. Fishing , hunting, pulling crab pots. The way he has it set up one guy can wheel it right up to a pickup and slide it in.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Cheaper than a rod or a kayak. This is a sweet deal. My wife leaves for Portugal tomorrow, do you think she would notice if I had another boat when she returned? I never did get myself a Birthday present.
If it would help you could tell your wife you are storing for me!

·
Registered
11,299 Posts
Cheaper than a rod or a kayak. This is a sweet deal. My wife leaves for Portugal tomorrow, do you think she would notice if I had another boat when she returned? I never did get myself a Birthday present.
This boat has you and me floating along the beaches of Hood Canal written all over it

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.