Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive posted this rig for sale in an earlier thread but Id also trade for a great 6 wt reel.

I have a 3 piece 14' lpxe in great condition. Along with the rod is a litespeed 4, hard alox that is like new. Reel is loaded with 30# backing, varivas shooting line and I'll toss in all my heads that go with the rod. I know there are 2 sa skagit intermediate as well as 2-3 floaters. One of the floaters is a SG custom 600 gr with a outbound taper for oh casting. Pics on request

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
What brand is this rod; that is, who's the maker? What line sizes is it for?

Rogerfowler's post is an object lesson for anyone who peruses and uses the Classifieds - in both positive and negative terms. He neglected to include the necessary information to identify the rod. (That was probably caused by haste; I'm sure he knows this rod thoroughly.) He gives good information about the various lines, though not everything. Sellers too often fail to give adequate information about what they're offering: action/speed of a rod, winding direction of a reel, color of a floating line, etc. I don't mean to be nitpicky; these are parameters with which a viewer elects to buy, or not.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Agreed and I'd like to add that a picture is worth a thousand words and a picture will almost always help to sell an item. It isn't that difficult to upload a pic or two when trying to sell an item but then what do I know? I'm usually a buyer.:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a Guideline LPXe 9140-3
It's a Guideline LPXe 9140-3
Nook,
A few more details to fill out your critique. Rio rates this rod at 600-650 for skagit heads and 520-580 for scandi. This is a true fast action scandi rod. Very light in the hand.

The colors of the heads are a darker orange for the sa floater, lighter orange for the rio and blue for the sa intermediates.

The reel is made by Lamson( ls-4) and is presently set up for left hand wind.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nook,
A few more details to fill out your critique. Rio rates this rod at 600-650 for skagit heads and 520-580 for scandi. This is a true fast action scandi rod. Very light in the hand.

The colors of the heads are a darker orange for the sa floater, lighter orange for the rio and blue for the sa intermediates.

The reel is made by Lamson( ls-4) and is presently set up for left hand wind.
Agreed and I'd like to add that a picture is worth a thousand words and a picture will almost always help to sell an item. It isn't that difficult to upload a pic or two when trying to sell an item but then what do I know? I'm usually a buyer.:)
If someone is interested, I'll be happy to supply photos.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.