Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the situation: I’m trying to catch some fish before I have to head back to Pullman for summer school to do battle with my nemesis Pre-Calculus. Just checked my work schedule and I have next Monday (Memorial Day) and Tuesday off, so I have decided to take a solo trip for those two days. Anyways I was looking for ideas on where to go. I want to stay in state but besides that I have a full tank, many un-fished flies and a huge need to spend some time on the water. It doesn’t matter if it’s a lake or river; any suggestions for this time of year??

-Connor

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!i always wanted to spend time in the desert... maybe i could hit a lake and the the RF. any other suggestions??

·
Banned
5,200 Posts
Carp on the columbia? I mean there are so many options. u only have 2 days so im not sure how much u would want to explore and waste time looking for fish.

But.... you could do alpine start on saturday, fish the yakima/rockyford, then another early start on sunday with the floatube to dry falls/lenice.

thats a pretty jammed pack 2 day trip hitting 4 good bodies of water :)

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Dude - are you into backpacking?

I would camp out in leavenworth and try to snag one of the lottery passes for the enchantments. I'm pretty sure you could get one. Then I would hike up and spend some good solitude time fly fishing at the myriad of lake options. Of course, check the regs to make sure everything is open.

Backpacking in somewhere for two days would be a hands down good option.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
It's probably a little early season for backpacking the Enchantments. I got snowed on at the top of Blewett Pass yesterday. Check with any ranger stations in the areas you're considering before making plans.

With the recent cool weather on the east side of the state I'd consider the basin lakes, Okanagan area, or Spokane area for trout fishing.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay so i think im narrowing it down. i like Dustin's idea so deffinently thinking about hitting Lenice monday and then the RF on tuesday before heading home. my other thought it to just spend both days fishing Chopaka Lake. I have never been there tho and im a little worried there wouldnt be any place to camp monday night since that is memorial day...

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Dude - are you into backpacking?

I would camp out in leavenworth and try to snag one of the lottery passes for the enchantments. I'm pretty sure you could get one. Then I would hike up and spend some good solitude time fly fishing at the myriad of lake options. Of course, check the regs to make sure everything is open.

Backpacking in somewhere for two days would be a hands down good option.
You won't be getting into the Enchantments this weekend-too much snow! Try it in August-awesome! Chopaka was fishing very well last weekend as was Big and Little Twin. You should have no problem with camp sites on Monday as everyone will be heading home on Monday. Rick

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright its decided. im going to chopaka. time to hit the vice and add more mayflies. thanks for all the suggestions guys, cant wait to get on the water. And masteranglertaylor, just hit me up this fall.

-Connor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.