Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cant stop...
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im looking for a 2 person pontoon boat for the clearwater next steelhead season. Any ideas? im not looking to spend a bunch of money just something i can put a anchor and electric motor on to fly fish.

Any comments would be appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
There are several on the market. I really like the Dave Scadden two man (I have the Mackenzie), and have taken it down a lot of cl 3 rivers. It has a standing platform for fishing when anchored, and I use an electric motor on it for lake fishing. It isn't cheap however. Google North Fork Outdoors. I think Cabela's carries a cheaper two man, maybe Creek and Co, but I don't know anything about that one. Check the classified and e-bay and you might get a deal on one. Rick

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have a couple of friends who have the two person ones. One has the Outcast the other the Dave Scadden. Both are very similar but as Rick said not inexpensive. The outcast seems like you sit a little higher out of the water, but both are very fun to fish out of. Would like to get one myself.

60 Posts
With the price of petroleum and metal now it's hard to find a cheap pontoon. At least one that floats but check out the Outcast Fishcat 13. It goes for $1999 and is on the cheaper side of two man boats. Outcast boats are designed and built well. They have a good warranty and great customer service. They are also a division or AIRE one of the most respected raft companies in the world and they will be in business to help you down the road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.