Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Robert
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how's the weather?
Gradually warming up, 68 right now, 35 last night. Just drove home from MIL's funeral in North Bend last Friday and that was cold! All rivers blown, lower Sac about 4' below flood and chocolate, with all the snowpack future prospects are bleak. Dams are releasing maximum flows in anticipation of melting snow, so even the tailwaters are blown.
Hoping to hit Oregon after next weeks forecast rain, if a window ever shows. According to Dreamflows the upper Rogue, North U and Sandy are all just getting into shape and now rain forecast for at least a week beginning the 4th. :mad:

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
What a brute! I have never seen a sea run steelhead that shape. Must have had a lot of food and not a lot of range to get that chubby.
Impressive steelhead to be sure. Makes one wonder how many of this size simply slip on by each season. Maybe I missed it in the link, but did the lady catch it?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Why do you say that? There's no more retention of wild steelhead allowed in the state.
I said that because the subject picture is a California wild steelhead being held out of the water for a picture. Washington state is one of very few and possibly the only state where it is illegal to remove a wild steelhead from the water. It was a joke because the WDFW and some think if a fish is lifted out of the water for 10 seconds that fish is destined to perish.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.