Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
A buddy and I are thinking of going down and camping on or near the Klickitat this coming weekend. Hoping to get a shot at steelhead and Chinook in the Klickitat, and maybe hitting the Columbia for shad and/or sockeye one day too. But since I don't really know the camping areas down there, I'm a little worried I'll end up at some place overflowing with people for the three day weekend. Anyone have any suggestions on where to camp close to or on the Klickitat, that might avoid some of the 4th of July crowd?
Thanks
-Eric

·
Registered
722 Posts
Turkey Farm Campground mile post 5, Ice Plant MP 15 on the lower river and Stinson Flats or Leidl Campground on the upper river. These are all WDFW campgrounds that require the Vehicle Use Permit. Brooks Memorial State Park on HWY 97 north of G'dale and Maryhill Sate Park on the Columbia River on HWY 97. They will probably all have people, but with the economy the way it is, it may not so bad. Good luck fishing! PM if more info is needed. SS

·
I hope she likes whitefish
1,724 Posts
What's up Eric!

I was on the Columbia this weekend for Shad and I'd say skip it. The counts are coming down and the fish are hardly biting. Plus, I might add, it's harder than hell to throw in that wind...ridiculous actually. I got 11 fish in 2 days; not hardly worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.