Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of 8.5' Sawyer Squaretop oars for sale. They have been used for less than one year. They do have some scratches on the blades from digging gravel in shallows and a bit of boat rash on the shafts from trailering. Nothing major, just cosmetic. Over $700 new with shipping. If you have never rowed with these, you are in for a treat. I upgraded from Carlisle aluminum oars and it was a night and day difference. These oars feel so light in your hands and make a full day of rowing actually enjoyable. They are the wide Dynelight blades which are wrapped in carbon fiber and kevlar, very strong and durable! The 8.5' length is perfect for 48-52" wide drift boats or 2 man pontoons. Many people row with 9' oars by standard, but switching to the shorter length made my boat feel more maneuverable and nimble. You have a higher ratio of oar length inside the oarlocks so it works as a better lever and provides you more power to your stroke. $400 obo.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/bpo/5613406746.html

I would consider trades, especially a spare break-down oar (2 or 3 piece) or maybe a set of 9.5-10' oars, possibly a couple nice single handed rods/reels, ??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.