Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If anyone has a descent reel for an 8wt rod that they want to get rid of pm me. Mostly looking to use it for bass, pike, and musky fishing. I am a graduate student so I am on a budget. I've tried for a while to find a second spool for an orvis mirage IV but haven't had any luck. Thanks in advance for the help.

J

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
If anyone has a descent reel for an 8wt rod that they want to get rid of pm me. Mostly looking to use it for bass, pike, and musky fishing. I am a graduate student so I am on a budget. I've tried for a while to find a second spool for an orvis mirage IV but haven't had any luck. Thanks in advance for the help.

J
Best bet is to pick up a spool for your IV.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hunt ebay. I find a lot of good deals there. Recently got a Piscifun and really impressed with the machined quality for the way less than a $100. Haven't really tested it yet but it will soon in the salt too. So what it's made in the orient...so is Orvis and Redington.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Hunt ebay. I find a lot of good deals there. Recently got a Piscifun and really impressed with the machined quality for the way less than a $100. Haven't really tested it yet but it will soon in the salt too. So what it's made in the orient...so is Orvis and Redington.
Not sure if folks are more afraid of it being made in the Orient than the lack of unbiased reviews, and the inability to scratch and sniff before purchasing and the question of customer service if ever needed. They're only good deals if the items work.

The poster already has a top tier reel in the Mirage; way better for him to pick up an extra spool than pick up a lesser reel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.