Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got home from work today to find a UPS box AND a Fedex box on my porch. The UPS box held a replacement rod for the Echo TR 8136 that was the first casualty of the Hoh down (hence Mumbles' newly redesigned rod storage on his big-boy cataraft). In a huge :thumb: to Echo I was upfront with them about not being the original owner, and about the non-fishing nature of the break. They said no problem, send the rod in with the standard $35 fee and they would make it right. I was expecting a new section to replace the broken one, but they have come through with an entire new rod. Outstanding service.
The Fedex box held the new-to-me Buelah 5/6 switch with an appropriate elixir line that I got through the classifieds from Joe Fitzpatrick. Thanks to Joe for the awesome rod at a great price with the super speedy shipping. Now all I need to do is find a day to go fishing.

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Rob, if you can't make it to the water tomorrow afternoon I'd be happy to take them out and "kick the tires". Glad that your Echo experience ended better than I started it. I still think Jeff Bandy's mind is blown at how calm the two of us remaind as the Grim Reaper hovered overhead. Is Mrs. Rob Ast still allowing you to join me on adventures? Nice score on Joe's rod too...

·
Make my day
4,820 Posts
you know what they say Ed.

Ignorance is bliss.

I could see things happening that you could not. And I did not want to see it happen to you two.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.