Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
from what I have read swinging flies isn't the best way to fish it
not sure what you read, but the best technique is the one you enjoy the most. if you enjoy swinging, by all means swing a fly on the methow...you will catch fish. if you enjoy soaking imitation eggs under a bobber, do that...you will also catch fish.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I've been smackin fish almost daily with my sculpzilla chasing an egg about 2 inches up the line. When I'm not tossin a hopper with a copper dropper I'm swingin somethin big and ugly.

·
1,411 Posts
And no....

I don't want to see a "fair weather fudge dragon" if there happens to be one......

·
1,411 Posts
The creative and imaginative way you guys tie your flies, i'm sure you'll come up with something good.

·
Indi Ira
9,505 Posts
For those who remember multiple fish days on the Methow, hookin two fish in a days worth of fishing is not a "good" report for the Methow. As far as numbers are concerned, but the Met is a beautiful river so still fun and maybe that's what's meant by good. Then again if you haven't hook steel on the fly then perspective matters.

Fair weathers would be better off staying home and fishing an S river, in fact some of them have been fishing just as well if not better than the Met, just saying. I'll personally be hitting the blank fork of the blank on Sunday if I'm not hooking up on the Stillwaters.

Ira..

·
Registered
609 Posts
Pressure has already doubled compared to a week or two ago, but I wouldn't say the fishing is a whole lot better, I talked to a lot of guys yesterday who didn't have a fish to hand. It would seem to go in spurts, nobody getting anything for an hour of two, then 3 guys would hook up in 15-20 minutes, then nothing for awhile. Only heard of 1 limit being caught in the past 3 days and that was a guy drifting corkies. There were people in every hole downstream of Carlton and about 15 cars in the Miller Hole parking lot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.