Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Be the guide...
5,157 Posts
May be fun exploring the hood canal area creek mouths looking for schools of chummies...

Also, a few weeks back I saw a couple fly fishers doing well for big trout and walleye (and maybe even smallmouth bass) at the Potholes reservoir...

·
Formerly Tight Loops
1,347 Posts
I would fish Lake Sammamish in the morning before the sun hits the water. I work on the lake and in the fall the trout come quite shallow. You will also see them suspended suspended in algae blooms probably eating critters eating the algae.

I might run up to the Stilly and fish for SRCs and salmon in the lower river. There is a boat launch pretty far down the river. I would fish the rising tide looking for noisy water, and casting to overhangs and disturbances in the flow.

---------
Genetic pollution damages wild
stocks, bonk those Hatchery Zombies!

·
Just an Old Man
35,203 Posts
What do I know---I'm just an old man

It's the main Stillaquamish river. Now you know why it's called the Stilly. Lets see If I remember right you live in Kirkland. To get to the Stilly and put in your boat at the lower launch you would have to get on I-5 and head north,exit 1st Marysville exit and stay in left lane, take a left at light,that is Marine view drive,stay on that road until you cross the river on a cement bridge, fairly new. Take the 1st left after bridge and the next left and here is the boat launch. It is about 23 miles to the launch from that exit give or take a few.

Or you can drive farther down the freeway and take exit 210 and take a left at the stop sign. The is called Norman Rd. Just stay on that road and it will take you to the same place. You have to make a slight right and left to stay on Norman rosd. That is when you come to the Pioneer Hiway. Stay on Norman rd until you come to a stop sign go across the rd and take a left and you will be there. Just be sure you have a map with you so if you mae a wrong turn you can get yourself straight again.

I hope this will help you out.

Jim

·
Formerly Tight Loops
1,347 Posts
Old Man got it right, but I would take the Silvana/Arlington exit, as its a pretty but long ride up Marine View Drive to get to the ramp.

The ramp is at Marine View Drive and Norman Road, down norman road a short ways west of the intersection.

Rob
---------
Genetic pollution damages wild
stocks, bonk those Hatchery Zombies!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.