Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody give me a suggestion for a trout lake around Seattle besides Rattlesnake where I can take my six-year-old fishing this Sunday? It would be nice if it were a place where I could have fun too. It needs to have a boat ramp where I can launch my 16' drift boat. If it allows bait, that would be fine, but it doesn't have to. A flyfishing only lake would work in a pinch, but I haven't started him on the fly rod yet, and he'll have a better time if he can use his own rod.

Thanks for any help

· Registered
196 Posts
Flowing Lake north of Monroe might be nice, usually pretty quite. Or Lone Lake on Whidbey, it really doesn't take long to get there from Seattle, no bait though but set him watching a bobber with chirono's hanging under it off the dock on NW side.

· Registered
658 Posts
Ray,

Try Pine Lake up on the Sammamish Plateau. Recently stocked with willing Triploids. Can get a bit crazy around the fishing dock, but you should be able to get your own patch of water in your drift boat. Bait friendly as well for the little one.

Good luck.

Calvin

· Registered
271 Posts
Ray - I'd second Pine Lake. Was up there yesterday to kill two hours while I was on my way elsewhere. At first it looks a little like a zoo but if you have a boat you can get away from most of them.

ChadK told me about this lake last year when I was looking for a quick fix relatively near to my house (30 min drive). It was a great tip (thanks again Chad!). I caught several browns, a couple of triploids and close to 100 planters over the course of three trips (2 last year and 1 this year - yesterday).

The bay to right (north?) of the public dock as you are facing the lake was excellent for planters and 1 brown (15"). The other browns were caught up by the outlet creek (brushy area at the far end of the lake from the dock). If you need more info - email me.

· Registered
1,025 Posts
Ray, Ballinger is usually good for a fish or three. I used to go thier and catch some rainbows between 12 and 16 inches.

Lately I have heard a lot of talk about flowing lake. The only time I would go out their is to play Flowing Lake Golf Course. Besides, Chain lake(near by) is sooooo much better, lots of weed beds, some real nice fish too, real nice. No directions, get a map, it's easy to find. YT :thumb

· Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. It sounds like now I have a few weekends covered. I'm planning on getting him to central WA this season for camping and some real fishing. But he likes the day trips, and he won't go back to rattlesnake. He is extremely attached to his lures and other tackle (he saves any line I snip off his reel), and he's tired of losing them to the stumps at rattlesnake. Last year he tried to get me to dive into the lake to retrieve a particularly prized spinner. Maybe I'll try Pine this Sun and explore some of your other suggestions in the weeks to come. Thanks again.:thumb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.