Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Penobscot.

I've never met him. He doesn't know me except here on the WFF forum.

Last December he read a thread I started about returning from vacation to find my house burglarized and my new truck stolen and trashed by a bunch of tweakers, two of whom are in jail awaiting trial.

When my wife and and I walked into our home that night we were shocked. She has had security issues for most of her life and slowly had distanced herself from those demons. In an instant those demons returned and made themselves at home. After a few days of literally being on our knees cleaning up the mess, she quit crying and went stoic and angry. I wondered if the sweetest and kindest woman I'd ever known was ever going to come back to me.

Penobscot (he asked me not to use his real name) works for a company (he asked me also not to name because he thought it would sound like an advertisement) that specializes in electronics that do all sorts of things including home security.

After reading my story, he contacted me. He said he would contract a Montana installer, EyeHear out of Kalispell, Montana and not only donate an entire home security system, but PAY the installer to design it and put it in. He then said he'd cover my monitoring charges for a year.

All at zero cost to me . . . ZERO!

This system will be installed soon.

To say I was touched and humbled is like saying the Pacific ocean is wet.

My wife is a small woman. She's not in the least aggressive. Her mantra should be "The meek shall inherit the world; if that's ok with everyone." She now feels like she has the upper hand against pizza faced tweakers with neck tattoos. She'll soon have an army of ever vigalent soldiers guarding her day and night which she can monitor and direct from her iPhone or put them to sleep.

My sweet wife has now returned.

I could say Thanks, Penobscot, but that sounds so much like saying "Have a nice day." I've all sorts of words to tell this story, but none to fully express my gratitude for this kind and gracious man. I hope he and everyone here can understand a fraction of what's in my heart.

Trapper

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
Glad things are improving, Trapper and to Penobscot: May everything that is good come your way! I'd truly be honored should we ever meet.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Thanks for sharing that with us Trapper. I knew Penobscot was going to provide the install and equipment, but not the year's worth of monitoring. Nothing I could say praise-wise would be enough for what Penobscot has done. A truly upstanding individual. And as Jim F said, I'd also be truly honored if we were to ever meet.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Thanks Trapper and others for the kind words.
I wake up one morning in December around Christmas, pour a cup of coffee and log into WFF in front of the woodstove.
Something about Trapper's story made me say to myself
"This is terrible, but maybe I can do something"
Words to live by really.
So I reach out to my favorite of all my customers, a man by the name of Russ in Kalispell and tell him what happened and what I wanted to do.
Couldn't have done any of it without his help.
It being Montana, we had some challenges with weather, logistics, cell coverage, internet speed, etc., but Trapper stepped up to help in any way he could and we got it done.
We were able to do all of the usual Home Security stuff and also add some Cameras and an NVR for an additional layer of protection.
None of it is impenetrable or anything like that but it does provide a sense of security and piece of mind and hopefully along the way helps restore a bit of faith in mankind, for Trapper and his wife.
I'm really glad I found WFF a couple of years back and I'm happy to give a little something back when I can.

·
Registered
723 Posts
This thread sure does that for me!

Major props to both Penobscot and Russ!!
Russ is the Man.
He takes me down the Flathead on his raft when I'm in town.
He's also a neighbor of a well known fly company owner and has one of the best(several) fly boxes I've ever seen.

·
Registered
11,299 Posts
Very well stated Trapper. As I was reading it there was absolutely zero doubt what was in your heart. Terribly sorry this happened to you and your wife, but I'm so glad to read that you are both able to find a little peace in the aftermath.

Penobscot, it's truly incredible what you've done. You sir are just what the world needs more of.

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts
@Penobscot , classy, very classy. At some point you'll be rewarded for your humanity. Thank you for demonstrating good above all else and that there are wonderful and kind humans among us.

I'd like to know your company info. If you would be so kind as to share. Thanks.

Reactions: generic

·
Justified
4,940 Posts
@Penobscot , classy, very classy. At some point you'll be rewarded for your humanity. Thank you for demonstrating good above all else and that there are wonderful and kind humans among us.

I'd like to know your company info. If you would be so kind as to share. Thanks.
No lie. These are the companies, that need to be "exposed".

Reactions: Nick Clayton
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.